|Image from pixabay|
- I love working with public libraries and librarians because I believe so strongly in what we DO: provide access to information and ideas, build community, empower families and individuals, and all the other great stuff.
- I'm happy I get to learn about gorgeous new books (I'm looking at you, The Stuff of Stars!) and that I work with people who also get excited about fantastic books.
- I love that librarians tend to be extremely generous with each other--especially the librarians in our area!
- I love having colleagues (and others) and who challenge me to THINK and re-examine my assumptions and ideas, even though that is sometimes uncomfortable.
- I deeply appreciate the power of a kind word or deed, and I've been the recipient of many in the course of my work life!
- I appreciate getting chances to push myself outside my comfort zone in terms of responsibilities and leadership roles--and to feel supported by people from around the state as I take on new challenges.
So thanks to all of YOU, who make my job remarkable. I hope you are able to come up with a list of things yourself!