Now it is time to start promoting these 25 nominees to teens so that they can vote starting in August. The top ten will be announced during Teen Read Week.
How many have you read? How are they going out at your library? Do you own them all? I smell a display here, for sure!
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
|Play time after toddler storytime in Bloomer|
- Watch for a re-cap of Thursday's fun with Dr. Dipesh Navsaria and Jim Gill in future blog posts.
- Don't forget to sign up for the Storytimes for Everyone workshop with Saroj Ghoting, to be held in Rice Lake on May 15.
- I participated in a webinar, put together by Upstart, in part to promote their Very Ready Reading Program, but containing several helpful early literacy tips for storytime. You can listen to a recording by signing in here.
- I purchased the 0-24 month, the 2-3 year and the 4-5 year Very Ready Reading Kits for our professional collection. They have some good sample storytimes, suggestions of literacy tips to share, and more. They are waiting to be cataloged, but if you need to see them right away, let me know!
- I am working on updating story kits! Around the World, Feelings, Insects and Spiders and Rabbits all have new materials, including books, storytelling aids, and manuals. More to come.