Here are three things to help you feel informed about early literacy and technology:
1. A FREE WEBINAR this week:
Wednesday, November 19
11:00AM-12:00 PM (Pacific Time)
What's the best way to bring technology into a storytime? How do you evaluate apps for early literacy? This free webinar will share best practices, resources, and ideas to help you easily and effectively bring technology to your library’s early literacy programming. We will hear from two guests with expertise in early literacy and childhood education.
- Tanya Smith will share practical, research-based recommendations published by the Fred Rogers Center and the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Lori Crocker (Douglas County Libraries, CO) will share practical examples of how to bring technology into library storytimes.
- Learn about free online resources like LittleeLit.com and Reading Eggs.
This webinar will be recorded and archived on the TechSoup for Libraries website. Please register to receive an email notification when the archive is available.
Register here: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/d3l1li1d80qd&eom
2. ZERO TO THREE has developed . This new resource, written in partnership with leading researchers in the field of media and young children, is an authoritative review of what is known about the effect of screen media on young children’s learning and development. It is designed to serve as a tool for guiding parents and professionals in making informed decisions about screen media use.