Heartland Fall Forum


Patti (background) and her pals Annis and Pam (from Eau Claire Memorial High School) enjoy listening to Judith Viorst
Patti Blount from Durand has been attending the Heartland Fall Forum (used to be Upper Midwest Booksellers Association) for 15 years!  It must be good to get her back every year, and this is waht she says about it: 

Heartland Fall Forum , a regional trade show that supports independent booksellers, is worth attending for librarians!  It was held this year in Minneapolis at the Depot Center on September 30-October 2.  As a veteran to the show, I have seen the changes throughout the 15 years that I have attended, but it continues to be an excellent value for me to go.

This year was very interesting and informative.   Each year, I always learn a lot of great tips and information at each of the educational sessions.   Also, I meet a lot of great authors.  It’s a great event for any librarian to enjoy.  Many years ago, the Amery Public Library recommended I attend this conference, and now I’m recommending it.

Unfortunately since it shares the event with the Great Lakes Independent Booksellers Association, next year’s conference will be in the Chicago area.  It will be coming back to the Twin Cities every other year – so the next one will be: October 5-7, 2016 at the Depot in Minneapolis.

June Baker, also from Durand, attended for the first year this year, and here's what she had to say:

I was like a kid in a candy store! I met authors that I have read and met many that I will have to read through the adult buzz feed.  The Children's buzz feed showed me books that would be useful for storytimes.  The meals were wonderful and you never were hungry.  All in all it was very informative and entertaining.  Can't wait to go again.