Great New Storytime Music!

Thanks to Jill Patchin at the public library in Eau Claire for this review (the above photo is from a baby storytime at the library, where I'm sure these CDs will come in handy!)


We recently got a set of new cds from The LearningGroove.  I found them this spring when I was looking for a bilingual song to use for Dora storytime.  A blog post mentioned “Mi Cuerpo Hace Musica” on the Bouncy Blue album by Mr. Eric and Mr. Michael/The Learning Groove.  I looked it up online and was able to listen to a clip that was great!  We were not able to get the CD in time for the program, but listening to other clips online in that album and others made me think these CDs would be great for storytime!

We have 4 of the 5 CDs in hand now with the last hopefully arriving soon.  I have listened through the albums very quickly, and have found several songs that would be great for storytime.  I always get so excited to have new songs to use!  Anyway, here are a few of my favorites so far:

Album- Yummy Yellow
Super silly tango
We will stomp
Tickle tickle (great for baby storytime!!)
Itsy bitsy spider (great for baby storytime!!)

Album- Rockin Red
Dance freeze melt
I can shake my shaker egg
Hip hop body rock (possibly has become my new favorite “shaker egg” song!)
Moving in a circle
Mother gooney bird (good for preschool or especially early elementary tour groups like scouts)

Album- Groovy Green
Rolling ball (I can see this being a fun color dance activity with colored streamers or scarves)

Album- Bouncey Blue
Shake that shaker (yet another awesome new shaker song!!)
Mi Cuerpo Hace Musica (see above for info on bilingual storytime)
This little piggy (Fun for baby storytime!)
Head shoulders knees and toes- fun new version!

That’s just what I liked on first (quick) listen.  There may be more hidden gems.  I would highly recommend purchasing these CDs to any library!!

Labels: , , ,