- If you want to have a picture (of an astronaut or some other night-time related person or animal) with a face cut out for photo opportunities and gen
- eral silliness, someone suggested using canvas stretched over wood as an alternative to plywood (splinters!) or some other medium.
- If you have an extra familiar book (maybe it is going to be weeded for condition, maybe it came in as a donation and you don't need it for something else), try shredding it and putting it in a jar on your desk. Let kids guess what book it is.
- There was quite a bit of discussion of the excellent possible uses of fairy lights to create an atmosphere, like winding them around a hula hoop or using them with fabric draping on the ceiling.
- Monster boxes made out of tissue boxes! If you have things for kids to vote on (best monster, favorite book, favorite night-time activity) or if you need a place for kids to drop off reading records or to make suggestions (I bet you can think of a dozen more uses), these are pretty cool:
Monday, February 27, 2012
A few display ideas
Here is a collection of decoration ideas from the summer library program workshop: